Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

The First Wedding Anniversary

The King and Queen celebrated the beauty of their royal relationship last weekend! A wonder to behold! One year ago we had the most beautiful wedding in all the land. We are very happy when everyone tells us it was the best wedding they ever attended. The ceremony was personalized by Ben and myself, and our friends were moved by the truth of Spirit, and our wedding vows honest sentiment. The setting of our wedding was the glorious outdoors, the food was provided by our guests and was overflowing, and the music performed by Ben and friends was exciting! The weather turned from rainy to blue skies just in time for the wedding. Everyone relaxed and enjoyed the beauty of our day, and each other. A celebration of life and love. How wonderful it is to find your soul mate and wake up happy everyday! We are truly grateful for this experience!



We planned on going to see Hall and Oates in concert at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. So Ben found us a really nice restaurant in nearby Little Italy called Aldo's that was fit for this most Royal occasion. Lovely architectural details and excellent service made for a very special location to celebrate. A most delicious Riesling and the best Asparagus soup ever for me, and a very yummy shrimp bisque for Ben started out the evening. We have a custom of sharing everything when we dine out so we had a mix of surf and turf items. Although Aldo's is an expensive restaurant, the fine dining was worth the extra you pay for their wonderful cuisine and service. I wish we had asked who was the maker of our wine, because it was so smooth!

We toasted to forever love and touched together our Rings of power! Life is good! Long live the King and Queen! Aldo's also treated the royal couple to some culinary gifts for our special occasion as well. A pesto risotto, our dessert, and a sweet liquor, which was far too powerful for us to drink! Ha! I certainly would recommend this gem in Baltimore's Little Italy to anyone. Parking would be very difficult here, so thank goodness Little Italy has a valet service stationed in the front of most of the restaurants. Helpful for sprained ankle's too!


I see my hair is brushed to the side and that reminds me that on this day my hot flashes were in extreme mode. Very hot and flashy every 40 minutes. I will not let them stop me! A little dab will do me! Well maybe a big dab! I also have to remember to pack reading glasses in my purse, so we both can read the menus when we go out to dine. After dinner we chatted with Aldo outside while we waited for our car in the sunshine. Aldo proclaimed proudly that he uses the best ingredients and told us everything is made on the premises.



Off we went to Pier Six concert pavilion In the Inner Harbor to see 'Hall and Oates. The weather was clear and felt as beautiful as the photo above. As a Philly girl, I love the soulful voice of Philly's own Daryl Hall. The man can sing! I really enjoy his web show called 'Live From Daryl's House.'  You get a peek inside Daryl's home and musical world. It is an unusual mix of guests that hang out and jam. Worth checking out for any music lover! The concert was entertaining, but too polished. This tour was to promote the new box set and the songs were just the top forty hits. I loved the last time I saw 'Hall and Oates' perform at 'Rams Head Live'', maybe five years ago. It was a free form simple concert, just the musicians and microphones. No set design. Daryl sang whatever song was called out, and the band was so good they got right into whatever song was thrown at them. 
 
I much prefer the soul songs and very much missed the soulful renditions of "In a Philly Mood," and "Me and Mrs. Jones." I just wanted to hear him wail! I also missed their guitar player T- Bone Wolk who passed away recently. Oh well, at least I bought the live recording of the former concert and can listen to it whenever I like! The seats in that venue are way too small and close together. You really better like your neighbor! Luckily for us, the funny thing that evening, was that the four very nice music loving people sitting next to us, lived near our Realm. Sometimes it really is a small world!



Earlier in the week we also took a trip to a quaint nearby town where Ben bought me a new 'Trollbead' for our first anniversary. Oh and did I mention Ben put together a beautiful bouquet of flowers to remind us of the awesome bouquet he got for our wedding day display. Always thoughtful... the King makes the Queen so happy!

Wedding Photo by Robert Smith Photography
The other photos are from my portable CoolPix Camera. 
You just can't carry the Nikon in to concerts. Darn.

UPDATE: I learned from the comment below that Daryl Hall also ate at Aldo's Restaurant on Sunday. Such synchronicity! Not surprising though, because it is evident Daryl loves good food. If you watch the web show 'Live From Daryl's House' there is always communal cooking going on during each episode. Part of the fun! Here is the info and link to the 'Baltimore Sun Blog' that will confirm that very cool comment message. Dining at Large.

 

7 comments:

  1. You may enjoy knowing that you had dinner at the same restaurant Daryl Hall had dinner at, after the show: http://bit.ly/9wzei1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey! This is a beautiful recollection of our first anniversary - a wonderful day I will always remember; celebrating a love that lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm Anonymous...thank you for your secret info! Interesting....I had visualized him there, but got the timing all wrong! hahaha! I hope he enjoyed his meal and evening as well as this former Philly girl!

    Ben, you are the joy of love! Can't wait for you to perform at 'Honfest' and Hard Rock Cafe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both!! It looks like you had a wonderful time!!
    Isn't it wonderful and amazing when you find true love and your soulmate later in life?? Maybe we treasure and appreciate the blessing we have been given because of past experiences. We seem to know what a true jewel is when we can compare it to some of the "junk" we've had in our lives before.
    Lauren and I celebrate 6 years of marriage on June 19th. Funny thing is we knew each other and were good friends for 11 years before we ever dated-(everyone we knew said we needed to get together--I had gotten divorced, was single and then engaged to someone else during that time-it just took me a while to get with the program-lol We dated for 3 weeks, got engaged and were married 4 months later! Can't imagine life without him!
    I chuckled when you wrote about the hot flashes--I'm with you there. And I'm married to the human popsicle who is ALWAYS cold. Wanna make a menopausel woman homicidal? turn ther ceiling fan off at night because YOU are cold!
    Anyhow--may you and Ben share many many more anniversaries together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!! We knew it was the real thing as soon as we met! Lightning bolts and a knowing of "ahhhhh ....at last."

    Yea good old Menopause....
    This hot muggy weather feels normal to me. When people complain about it, I just shake my head and think to myself "this ain't nuthin' baby"
    haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie Hi.

    I'm sorry you don't grab the code for Every Time kit. Send me email and I give you special code for this kit ;)

    Hugs

    Brydka

    P.s. I really love your Blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Crystal, how are you?
    I've been "organizing" my graphic blog links and thought I'd share some with you---

    This blogger is in France and shares FREE vintage french images-awesome!!
    http://mariesfreebies.blogspot.com/

    two more awesome free image sites:
    http://olga-borzoi.blogspot.com/
    http://magicmoonlightfreeimages.blogspot.com/

    And a couple of cool "creative" blogs:
    http://myartisticlife.typepad.com/
    http://sweetpeaink.typepad.com/borntofly/

    Have a great day!

    Tamera

    ReplyDelete