Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We've Gone Goth!


"American Gothic" that is! Ben's serious look is very reminiscent of the old Grant Wood painting and just fit perfectly. Since I only have a few recent photos of myself, this one had the correct angle to fit the original paintings body. So there it is...a smiling fairy instead. I had wanted a picture of us for my Queens Table Blog About page. Something different than the usual couple photo, and the old Grant Wood painting popped into my head. It has that 'back to the earth' feel to me, since that is what we are doing now, supporting local farmers, and attempting to grow a few things ourselves. This is the kind of quick digital manipulation that I really get a kick out of doing. A bit quirky, but fun!
Anyway there we are in our painting, ready to grow and eat plants! For reference, below is the original Grant Wood  "American Gothic" painting in all it's solemn glory.




4 comments:

  1. lOVE IT!!!
    My garden has gone insane!! i swear there are vegetables orbiting the huge zucchini!!
    All hail the power of frfesh organic manure and lime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the poo be with you!

    Tamera, I bet your garden is super fabulous by now. I think about your garden when I look out at the weeds in mine! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to add a farmer's tan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right Bill! We do look a bit pale!

    ReplyDelete