Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Favorite Sparkling Storybook Fae


To celebrate my fairy daughter's birthday, Fairy Queen Grandriel made a secret story book to keep magical fae memories! My little fairy is now the "Keeper" of two sprites herself and has the mighty job of keeping track of plenty of sparkling fairy dust. I thought this would make a good project idea for a fairy grandmother (as if I don't have any others). So now I will have to make other pages! Oh my!

My old 35mm Nikon finally died. Still I was inspired by a photo taken by my tiny 'coolpix' camera at an 'Art In The Park' event where the grand children were playing on a big rock. Since I have not posted much about the grandchildren for awhile, I guess it's time to enthrall you, as we grandmothers do! 

You can see our Princess Aowyn is quite lost in thought deciding if she is going "here" or "there!"


Happiness found while making a flower from recycled water bottles. Serious business!



Yes, we both got our hands deep into the glitter and glue! Every good fairy simply must find glitter stuck to various bits of skin and clothing the rest of the day don't cha' know.


Multi-talented guitarist husband known as "Ben Sherman Guitar" was playing solo acoustic style in the sunshine. The wee and the tall townsfolk came out to frolic on this beautiful early summer day up on bewitching Emerald Hill! I thought we lived in Lothlorian...Are we in OZ?


Everyone took to relaxing in the shade of the trees, except mommies of the tiny toddlers, who were running, climbing, and playing tag! This was a great family and kid friendly situation, which does not always happen for our gig life. A super opportunity to have the grandchildren join us.


So as soon as "Ben Sherman Guitar' was finished his musical set for the afternoon, his favorite fairy insisted he smell the beautiful plastic flower she made! Isn't that the best kind of fan!



There was a total of four gigs this past weekend! Later Ben and myself were off to a gig with the fabulous classic rock band "Hectic Red,"  and the next day with the Steely Dan Tribute Band "Technicolor Motor Home." (Who by the way, are going to be opening for 'Three Dog Night' on June 29th.) Until then, Grandriel and Grandalf savored the astonishing moments with the most adorable fae in all the land! Soak in the love, play in the glitter of life, and smell the magic flowers!




Credits: Digital artwork by Crystal Visions Art

No comments:

Post a Comment