Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Spring Thing

So much to do! So mulch to do! The mulch arrived today, dropped on the road in front of our home. Unfortunately it was spread far out into the street. We had to start working the shovel earlier than planned, just to narrow the pile and make room for the cars. Soon we will be buying lots-o-flowers for planting around the Castle. More than usual because we have a Royal Wedding in 5 weeks! Yikes!

The much-maligned Dandelion has sprouted their little bits of sunshine across the bright green grass. Can't wait till they grow their wispy seed balloons for the wind to catch! Since the fruit trees are flowering, the wind moved that sweet smell into the brisk afternoon air. And although it's been a little nippy… I finally 'feel' the Spring. Now I can take the wee Princess for walks in the enchanted carriage! Yea!

After breakfast I put up a new bird feeder for the finches that visit us. Last year we used a seed sock. The tiny yellow birds would hold on tight, as that sock swayed furiously in the wind! This year Ben bought a standard feeder with more places for them to perch. They still seem to have their pecking order anyway! Waiting up on the shepherds' hook, they vie for their turn at the seed pole. Keeping an eye out on the competition! Those little pigs had it half empty by the evening!

Started taking a few photos through the kitchen window, as the birds will not come around if I open the window. The glare must help to hide me because those little buggers are always looking around!

Pretty cute! I wish the shepherds pole was taller, so I could sit at the breakfast table and watch their busy little lives. Maybe someday I will find one made for giants somewhere in this realm!

Photography by Crystal Visions Art

2 comments:

  1. I love the queen and her blog! Will you marry me...say, in about 5 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well........okay you big hunka-hunka-burnin love! I want some happy and make it snappy!!!

    ReplyDelete