Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Unwigged Unplugged and Undone


This is turning out to be a very big year! I am getting married, we just had our first grandchild, and I am changing how I spend my creative days and nights. Ending a business of Mural painting and Faux Finishing that I had been doing the past 15 years has led to me learning a whole new world of creativity. One door closes and many others open! With my background in Graphic Design, Art Direction and Illustration I have been taken in by the world of Photoshop and websites. I always knew the new tools would dazzle me and that is why I avoided computer art for so long. I consider myself a sponge in training. I have ideas expanding in so many directions! Although right now most creativity will have to wait till after the wedding in June. Taking care of my grand daughter is nearly a full time job too and when she is here nothing gets done except hovering over her current needs. That is okay …as she grows older she will be more able to entertain herself. What is undone will eventually materialize.

Today our little 10-week-old princess held her bottle by herself while Ben did the morning feeding! The littlest things really are exciting in infant world. So I told Aowyn that she can help out now… since I know she can do it! The rest of the feedings I put her hands around the bottle and whoo hoo!!! She is getting a feel for this already! As any Fairy Grandmother knows there is no time for me on these days…. And yet… a baby's smile is the perfect priceless payment for looking like a ragged mom again. Bless Ben for loving all of this IS ness! On days of my own… I work on our wedding items and design Ben's promo materials for his many musical endeavors. I just finished creating a Classical Music Website for him. Check it out at benshermanguitar.com/classical.

Ben's Big Birthday statement was that "the debauchery would continue!" The Queen is pleased and rewarded the King with a new gift of technology… an 8GB Nano Ipod!!! Hahaha!!! Yes we are a little late for that mini musical boat, but we admit that we are finally getting hip to the ways of the tiny techno material world. Ben loves his new toy! In addition I gave him tickets to see Unwigged and Unplugged in May. A Live 'Spinal Tap' Anniversary Show!!! Truly… a musicians dream comes true! Can you say" it goes to 11"?


No comments:

Post a Comment