Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The King Speaks

In December 2007, when I proposed to Crystal, it was a huge moment of happiness and joy between us. Even though we already knew that we were truly soul mates, it was still very powerful to make it official that we would indeed get married.

Now, a year and a half later, we got married, and had that same feeling of being filled to overflowing with blessings and joy. The wedding was simply an outward expression of the commitment we had already made. It was so meaningful to do it in the presence of our family and friends!


The preparations for the wedding and reception were fueled by Crystal’s artistic genius. She has truly brilliant insight into how to design and create things and environments that are beautiful, warm, peaceful, imaginative and playful. Just like her!

There was an aesthetic thread throughout all the items purchased, all the designs conceived and produced. It is a style that she has always had, and it is something I have resonated with from the first day we met. What she creates just feels right to me. I always trust her judgment completely, and support her efforts to the end. All who came to the wedding saw the results. Our house, driveway and garage were transformed. The decorations were gorgeous. It was a stunning setup, yet not stuffy or formal. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed, which was what we were aiming for.

All the guests got into the spirit very easily, meeting, interacting, and having a great time. That’s just the kind of friends and family we have, and we are so grateful for them all.


Crystal also had a vision for herself, and when she came out of the house and walked down to join me for the ceremony, she literally radiated. She was the embodiment of spiritual joy, romance, fantasy and classic beauty. At the heart of it all was that wonderful smile that captured my heart on first sight. I, along with all our guests, felt the deep love and happiness that lives within that smile.

Even though I get to see that beauty every day, this moment was so special, and I was so filled with emotion, I was literally choked up and could barely speak. I have never had an experience like that, where the emotions of love and joy literally took my breath away.


Our ceremony was put together from spiritual sources that were deeply meaningful to us. This was between us and God; we were not going to be worried about what anyone thought about our unconventional readings. Fortunately we found a minister, Rev. Toni Fish, who was not just willing to work with us, but was in fact perfectly in tune with what we were trying to do. She totally got it and loved it, and supported and encouraged us.

Toni was relaxed, funny, and to top it off, she’s a Lord Of The Rings fan! She delivered the readings with tremendous feeling. We were grateful to discover that our ceremony held a lot of meaning for many of our guests, who told us how much they appreciated it and agreed with the thoughts expressed.


Just before the ceremony, I was talking to Crystal’s son Sean, and he asked me how I felt. My answer was the same as it has been from the beginning. With Crystal, I always feel two things – first, amazement and elation at how beautiful our relationship is, and second, a calm and relaxed sense of rightness. How exciting to find someone who I resonate with on every possible level! And at the same time, ahh, what a relief to have set aside all doubt and worry. We revel in the joy of sharing all the moments of our life together, going forth with a unified sense of purpose, interest, passion and fun. We also encourage a peaceful feeling in each other by loving each other completely, and by accepting each other exactly as we are.

I believe there is no greater way to learn spiritual truths than in relationships, and Crystal and I have done our homework. We were ready to find our true soul mates, and that is exactly what happened. We are willing and able to look past egos and see the Spirit that has always been there, to recognize it and say “yes!” That is why I will love her forever; I believe I always have!

Wedding Photos By Robert Smith Photography
Editing by Crystal Visions Art
Rev. Toni Fish Frederick Unity Church

No comments:

Post a Comment