Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hay Bales In The Shire


As part of our Wedding day visualization we wanted fields of gold as part of our backyard view. They materialized as ordered! Thank you God! Our neighbor said it was the first time the farmers had ever grown barley in that field! Cool! Evidenced by our gorgeous wedding photos, we had Stings' version of 'Fields of Gold' for real. Day and evening! The barley was green with a glowing yellow cast shimmering within the field. The golden light of the sunset was amazing! They peaked for our Wedding! Our photos were so good they looked fake! haha! When we got back from our honeymoon the fields had dried.

I knew that soon there would be hay bales in those fields. The questions for me were... which type, how many, and how long would they sit in the fields? I had lived on a farm in the past when my children were little. The hay bales where huge, round and glorious! Bigger than my kids! Golden hay bales remind me of old medieval paintings.
As it turns out I did not have to wait long for my answers. Within two weeks the machines were in the field cutting down the straw and following up later that same day with a baler. I watched the next day as they continued into the rest of their fields. The farmers seemed extremely efficient. I had the feeling I needed to take the photos that day or miss the opportunity. The sky was grungy and gray.

It stayed overcast and dull all day. Yuk! Not great for exciting light filled photographs. Near sunset hour I could see that a small slice of sky would open up soon. My daughter had arrived to pick up the baby and was busy using my computer. I informed her that I had to go outside, as the God Sky was coming, and I was going to shoot me some hay bales!
There was only a ten minute window before the sun returned to the clouds. I took a few shots running quickly about the spiky field. The next morning I awoke to find the hay bales were gone! It sure is good to follow your intuition! Maybe in three years they will plant beautiful golden waves of grain once again for us to enjoy!

Photography by Crystal Visions Art


No comments:

Post a Comment