Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last Of The Plumpers

I took this photo of my last big heirloom a few days ago. She is a beauty! I gave her and another bit of red juiciness to my daughters family to enjoy. The vines of this particular tomato were very tough and you had to cut them off. No twist and pop for these biggies.

Unfortunately it is time for a sad goodbye to my homegrown tomato goodness. While watering my plants today I found the tomatoes were withering away. I only have a couple tomatoes left in the kitchen! A delicious tomato sandwich would celebrate a glorious season! Health nut bread, mayo, plus some salt and pepper. Well done tomatoes! Thank you God for perfect conditions! Mmmm good!

Sitting in the kitchen admiring this gorgeous day at the end of summer, I thought about what really fantastic weather we have had this year. Starting with our wedding day, there have been so many wonderful weekends to follow. It has been very mild heat wise, and I am grateful the air conditioner was on for only two weeks this year!

My flowers this season were full, colorful and overflowing. They adorned our world with their beauty. Now everything is starting to change. I have to bring all the tropical plants inside and hope they make it through the long dry winter indoors.

Thanks Universe for a wonderful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment