Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Quickest Christmas Tree Ever!!! Plus A Magical Fairy Chandelier


So here it is... the easiest tree I have ever decorated for Christmas! Usually it takes two full days and evenings to light and fill my tree with all the meaningful and delicate German glass ornaments I have collected over the years.  This year due to the combination of a medical problems that cause fatigue, and a toddler who has hit the terrible twos, I had to create a safe and easy tree. Using floral vines leftover from our wedding wrapped around a pre-lit tree, plastic bubble balls, a bit of sparkling hard rusty ribbon and a few glittery butterflies....Wah-lah! Done in an hour or two and will come apart in minutes! If you need a quick tree fix...this is it. Long floral vines make the process easy and elegant! Plus they can be purchased in many color combination's to suit your decor.


Oh I know... now you want to see that Fairy Chandelier up close...


I made this Chandelier last Christmas because our Mucha Foyer deserved something magical! This year I added the white flowers. 


Pulled together from sparkly twigs, an old glittery wreath turned upside down, a beveled glass tree topper and some other sparkly bits n' bobs. This was all attached to wires hooked to those three screws that are on flush mounted ceiling lights. I suppose I could keep adding flowers, twigs, moss and feathers all year long, spicing it up according to the seasons. If I do this I will document it and let you see what becomes of my hanging Faerie world luminary. Yea! I never took apart last years outside front door garland, so I just hung it from the mantle.  Now everything looks festive with little effort.




Have a stress free, easy and enchanting Holiday! 

Do you have any ideas that worked for your quick tree decor issues?


4 comments:

  1. Imagine what a blessing it is to live with someone who imparts this kind of magic and beauty to everything in our home! She makes it easy to feel grateful every day. Thank you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Crystal-- it's gorgeous!! I love how you have the tree up on the table--can't imagine why
    You evidently live in a FABULOUS old house with the wonderful columns and trim.
    Your mantle garland is so elegant and victorian looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are grateful for our amazing home everyday! It has the best feeling and views! After three years of looking at every fake tree available, we invested in a beautiful pre-lit tree that was pretty gosh darn expensive. A tree of that caliber that would also be tall enough for the ceilings here would have cost twice as much! Hence the table to give it height! ...and you thought it was to keep the tree away from The Bink! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I envy your creativity and imagination!

    ReplyDelete