Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Chilly Peaceable Kingdom

I see so many of my blogging friends both in this country and around the world have had snow already! It was bitter cold here with winds for four days, but no snow for us. The car is acting up because it does not like the cold at all. Apparently neither does Ben or his Ipod, especially if he leaves it in the car. I am just trying to stay warm and cozy while I create and learn more Photoshop in the Castle studio.

I've been working on all sorts of projects, but I had to do something of our 'Blessed Bink' for the Season. I just love the Samoyed in this page because he looks exactly like my old furry sweet dog Nikki. When my daughter was the Bink's age she had been crawling all over that dog from the time she could move. Nikki just sat there enjoying those moments. We also had Nikki's mom Tanya, who was gorgeous and looked like a beautiful sleek white wolf. She had such wild instincts for feeding her pups that it was amazing to observe what animal she would attempt to bring into the house as food. 

This mini peaceable kingdom digital scrapbook page reminds me of my Christmas dogs of yore, and their happy smiling faces. I just loved those furry beings. Hope you are starting to get the warm and fuzzies this Season of Peace. I really think I need to bake some cookies...mmmmmmmm

Credits: Joelle - Fairy Flight, Winter Valley,  - Holliewood Studios - Christmas MorningSussie M - Cookies For Santa

5 comments:

  1. Peace indeed, such a lovely enchanting work of art my dear. Sorry to hear snow has eluded you so far, we've had snow and cold this week.

    Now, did I read something about cookies? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-- this looks like a movie still from "The
    Chronicles of Narnia" !!!!! Absolutely gorgeous--of course Binks is such a fantastic subject!!
    I'm with you about the cold--my fibro is flaring awful! Why can't i have hot flashes NOW when I need them instead of in August??
    Thanks for stopping by and visiting the blog. I'm going to try to post the rest of the xmas pix this weekend. I obviously LOVe xmas--I collect all year round!!! I counted my Santa figurines last nite-- there's 162 of them. i have no idea how many Santa's are on the Santa tree-- last count was about 200+ a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments. I was a day too soon about the snow report here. We just got our first little icy snowfall and the roads are slippery!

    Now about those cookies..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roads were awful, but the cookies were delicious, the Bink was adorable, and the Queen is amazing; she always creates such beautiful things! I am a lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is magical! I can almost hear twinkly fairy music in the background as if something very magical is about to happen. Kind of makes me think of Narnia in a way. It's BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete