Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Google Art Project

Now through mapping technology you can visit museums around the world through The Google Art Project. Google is using it's familiar visual mapping program on the art world and giving us a chance to visit places we may never experience in person. There is also an Art Project You Tube Channel to help you learn how to navigate through the site and the museums. You can choose a favorite painting along your tour and zoom in really close without getting yelled at by a guard. Yes, they yell at me for breathing too close to the paintings! Yes, I do have to get my face all up in it, to check out the old master's painting technique. Just look at that gorgeous painting above! This Art Project lets you make your own art collections as well. So I suggest you take some time one day, or evening, to take your own twinkle-toes, museum hopping around the world!

Here we are at The National Gallery In Washington, DC. I am magically invisible. Those guards can't get me now!

 Here we are skipping over the pond to The Palace of Versailles. Checking out the gardens before we peek inside!

Enjoy your visit to The Art Project and press your nose against your monitor...you can almost smell the paint! I won't yell at you either. 

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't tell you how much time I spent exploring the museums when I first heard about it. Its so cool to wander around at one's own pace a view without bumping into others, and the panoramic 360 zoom is too cool.

    Have a wonderful day my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal for sharing this!! I LOVE art museums...but will probably never get to any other than the ones local to us. I'll be spending some quality time visiting the world!!

    Have you ever been to The Amercian Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore? I LOVE that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry,
    Thanks for stopping by the museum tour post. It is awesome isn't it! See you in virtual world!

    Tamera,
    We were just talking about when we are going to get down to the 'Visionary Art Museum.' It is a must see very soon for sure "Hon'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment today and for bringing my attention to this invaluable resource!

    ReplyDelete