Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Thinking Outside...Inside the Collage



For those who may not have seen this...I wanted to share a post from the blog The Altered Page featuring artist Brian Dettmer who is creating unique art pieces. He surgically cuts into books with knives and tweezers, revealing what is inside not knowing what will appear. After watching this video please go to The Altered Page blog to learn more about Brian and view photos of the latest pieces created by this artist that are showing in a gallery in NYC till June 11. 

Talk about going beyond the collage...wow!

5 comments:

  1. Crystal--I saw this and thought of you--much coolness!

    Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker's Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts

    http://www.amazon.com/Steampunk-Gear-Gadgets-Gizmos-Artifacts/dp/0071762361

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of me Tamera. There are sure a lot of steampunk books out there now. I got some jewelry books from the library once because when I was at festivals I kept thinking I could make this stuff... Another project I have not gotten too yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This artist is sooo cool. Thanks for sharing! I love books and all things book related - especially 'book art'... I might have to post a few of his pieces over at the garden - paying it forward. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Your blog is a treat: visually and intellectually. Well done, Queen.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour! Thanks for visiting my blog again:) I thought it was more than time for me to return the favor and I sure am glad I did -- I LOVE this book guy! What an original concept and so intriguingly carried out. The video has whetted my appetite for more; will go visit his blog... Thanks for sharing this great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool find. Thanks for bringing him to our attention!

    ReplyDelete