Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Our Christmas Card, Tree, And A Message For You!


In the Spirit of the season, I would like to wish all my blog followers a wonderful time enjoying their family and friends. This also includes the many followers of my newest blog called, "The Queen's Table" that has been striking a chord in many people this past year. That makes me very happy! I feel blessed to see the results not only for myself, but also for those who I meet that are experiencing positive changes to their mind and body as well! It is a pleasure to share the good news of health through whole foods! It warms the heart to help awake those like me, who had been living in the blind world of processed foods and prescriptions. It is my goal to help more people transition into healthier food choices and patterns over the coming years too.

I would like to share with you our Christmas card for 2012, which was made with a combination of ephemera, photoshop brushes, and a few scrapbook elements. The photo was taken at Faerie Con a few months ago. So much fun to have a hubby that enjoys the world of fantasy too! The card got sent out late since the printer was not so quick in getting it mailed to us. Plus the printed verion came out a tad darker too! This digital version is just as I meant it to look.



Yes, much has happened this year... wonderful changes in my health, a cancer diagnosis, major weight loss, Hectic Red's 25th Anniversary, and recently moving to a new home. I was not going to super decorate for the holidays as I have had my fill of emptying boxes.  Easier said than done for me! I still wanted the grandchildren to get joy from the lights and decorations. So I did the quick tree decor that I wrote about here, and added the pieces from the fairy chandelier that I had to take apart when we moved, to the tree as well. It is a sparkling beauty.

There is still a corner full of boxes that need a new piece of furniture to hold them, so I covered that area with the folding screen I painted. A few presents arrived for the grandchildren today and they look so festive under the tree!
 

Having grandchildren to enjoy always brightens any day. Grandparents out there, know the feeling of cherishing these moments that remind us when our children were toddlers and babies at Christmas. When you are young, trying to make your way in life, raising your family and learning life lessons, you don't generally have the gift of time and experience to reflect upon. When we are older we know how fleeting time really is.... 

This is also the time when souls may many view the world with a lighter Spirit, and that is a good thing. Let us try to incorporate those feelings into how we view all the moments everyday... with wonder, awe, compassion, and the open heart of a child.



Since 2012 marked the year that in the land of time and space, begins the awakening towards a new vision, 
may the next year fill you with the magical light of love!


Thank you for all the kind words, good thoughts,
 and cheer you have brought into my life!



Credits: Cover of Book - Magical Reality Lost Treasures, Elements - Joelle Old Winter Valley,


6 comments:

  1. What I see in our granddaughter is energy, innocence and lots of joy.

    Merry Christmas!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, and those are qualities we all could use! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this page! Merry Christmas!Happy Birthday to!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you as well. I have a present here for you, so you guys will have to stop over.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous imagery as always ~ just such a treat to visit your blog when I can. I hope you both enjoyed a wonderful holiday and thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you a New Year filled with inspiration, laughter, and love!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete